Questions or problems with registration? Please feel free to email our Program Manager, Ryan O’Sullivan, Ryan@heroicfood.org
Upcoming 2017 Workshops
March 25-26, Heroic Food 2-in-1 Integrated Weekend Workshop
Permaculture for a Small Farm & Pruning Fruit Trees
Day One – Permaculture for a Small Farm
- Introduction to permaculture with a focus on the small farm (including silvopasture and regenerative food forest farming)
- How to apply permaculture to your lifestyle, your land, and your farm.
- Develop a written statement of your farm’s vision, objectives, values, lifestyle goals, and learn how to use the statement to help plan your farm and make practical decisions.
- Examine perennial agriculture systems such as orchards, forest farming, forest garden polycultures, and silvopasture.
Day Two – Fruit Tree Pruning Intensive
- Tree form and structure
- Pruning objectives, tools, and techniques
- Training systems for young trees
- Tree varieties, protections, biodynamic and orchard practices.
- Hands-on pruning of older and younger fruit trees.
Cost: Workshop is free to veterans and their partners, BUT there is a refundable $50/person, $65/couple reservation deposit to hold your place. Deposit will be fully refunded at the end of the workshop, or if canceled before March 21.
- Beekeeping Weekend Workshop
Introduction to bees and beekeeping.
- Seeding and Irrigation in the Greenhouse
Learn to build a low-cost DIY mobile irrigation system adaptable for field crops, orchard or greenhouse.
- Learn to Weld (Part 2)
Basics of welding on the farm.
- Are You Ready to Farm?
An overview of planning your farm.
- Are You Ready to Weld?
An introduction to torch burning safety and electric arc welding.
- Greenhouse Weekend Workshop
An introduction to greenhouse siting and building.
- Soil and Seeding Weekend Workshop
An introduction to soil and seeding on the farm.
Check out the Galleries of Photos!