Questions or problems with registration? Please feel free to email our Program Manager, Ryan O’Sullivan, Ryan@heroicfood.org
Upcoming 2017 Workshops
Farming Outside the Box
2-day Workshop, June 16 & 17
Day One – Urban and Local farm tours.
- A tour of two Poughkeepsie area urban farms, which utilize innovative marketing and technological strategies including DIY solutions.
- Poughkeepsie Farm Project
- Poughkeepsie indoor organic grow farm
Day Two – Greg Quinn, Walnut Grove Farm, Staatsburg, NY
- Pioneering a niche product from seed to sales
- Value-added income diversity
- Crop Diversity: Making full use of your land
- Building a boutique market with year-round sales through direct marketing, branding, and online sales (E-commerce)
- Hands on work with beekeeping, black currant, vineyard, and maple operations
Cost: Workshop is free to veterans and their partners, BUT there is a refundable $25/person, $40/couple reservation deposit to hold your place. Deposit will be fully refunded upon the day of the workshop, or if canceled before June 10.
Please note: No one will be turned away for financial reasons, please message the Program Manager if you would like to receive a fee waiver.
Participants must be 18 or older, farms are not wheelchair accessible (Sorry).
Space is limited, REGISTER NOW
- Permaculture and Fruit-Tree Pruning
- Beekeeping Weekend Workshop
Introduction to bees and beekeeping.
- Seeding and Irrigation in the Greenhouse
Learn to build a low-cost DIY mobile irrigation system adaptable for field crops, orchard or greenhouse.
- Are You Ready to Farm?
An overview of planning your farm.
- Are You Ready to Weld?
An introduction to torch burning safety and electric arc welding.
- Greenhouse Weekend Workshop
An introduction to greenhouse siting and building.
- Soil Health and Compost Weekend Workshop
An introduction to soil and seeding on the farm.
Check out the Galleries of Photos!