Upcoming 2018 Workshop
“Rescheduled for Sep or Oct.”
Modern Welding School, 1842 State St., Schenectady, NY 12304
Learn the basics of welding from top educators at the Modern Welding School. Each participant will have their own station to practice on, with a take home project for each participant to make. Food and lodging provided.
“Registration is limited to 12 participants.”
Cost: $20/person $30/couple, FULLY REFUNDABLE, down payment is mandatory.
Sprout Creek Farm, 34 Lauer Rd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
See link for map location
(3 Day Workshop) August 24th-26th, 2018
Friday, August 24th: Chicken care and coop construction @ Sprout Creek Farm w/ Jason Detzel from Cornell.
Saturday, August 25th: Beekeeping and hive construction @ (CroPharms) CurrantC Farm w/ Greg Quinn, 59 Walnut Ln., Staatsburg, NY, 12580.
“URGENT” Any allergies to bees must be made known upon registration.
Sunday, August 26th: Soil science and compost @ Sprout Creek Farm, with a Farm-to-Table dinner @5pm and “Special Award Ceremony” for participants who attend all 3 days of Farm Squad.
Registration for entire three days is limited to twenty participants. If you can only attend one or two days of the workshop, please email the firstname.lastname@example.org to notify him of such. Otherwise, we will register you for all three days.
Sunday’s event is open to families. Food and lodging provided.
Cost: Workshop is free to veterans and their families. However, a $50/person or $75/couple
“FULLY REFUNDABLE” down payment is mandatory to secure your spot.
Questions or problems with registration or payments? Please feel free to email our Program Manager Ryan O’Sullivan
Upcoming Workshops & Events
- April 7 & 8: Angry Orchard Fundraiser and Maple Sampler release Festival *2241 Albany Post Rd., Walden NY
- May 12: Hudson Valley Creator Fest, The Crafted Kup, *Poughkeepsie NY
- May 19: Armed Forces Day w/ the Hudson Valley Veterans Alliance, *Stewart Air Force Base, West Point Hanger
- May 26: Green Market Tour, w/ Blue Star Families *Tribeca Greenmarket, NY
- Aug 4th: Beginner welding, Modern Welding School, Schenectady NY
- August 24-26: Heroic Food’s “Farm Squad”,*Sprout Creek Farm, Poughkeepsie NY
- September 29: Green house construction in collaboration with Cornell Small farms program.
- Farm Squad, 3 Day workshop hosting renowned soil health academics at Hawthorne Valley Learning Center in Hudson, NY.
- Farming Outside the Box, Part 1 Specialty weekend workshop featuring an indoor farming super product, cruciferous microgreens.
- Farming Outside the Box, Part 2 Specialty weekend workshop exploring niche products from seed to sale.
- Permaculture and Fruit-Tree Pruning Theory and practice of encouraging symbiotic ecosystem within your soil.
- Beekeeping Weekend Workshop Introduction to bees and beekeeping.
- Seeding and Irrigation in the Greenhouse Learn to build a low-cost DIY mobile irrigation system adaptable for field crops, orchard or greenhouse.
- Are You Ready to Farm? An overview of planning your farm.
- Are You Ready to Weld? An introduction to torch burning safety and electric arc welding.
- Greenhouse Weekend Workshop An introduction to greenhouse siting and building.
- Soil Health and Compost Weekend Workshop An introduction to soil and seeding on the farm.