Questions or problems with registration? Please feel free to email our Program Manager
Ryan O’Sullivan, Ryan@heroicfood.org
Upcoming 2018 Workshop
“Sticky Business” Maple Tapping & Production
(1 Day Workshop)
Saturday, March 3rd 2018
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Soukup Farms: 278 Halls Corners Rd, Dover Plains, NY 12522
Cost: Workshop is free to veterans and their partners. If you would like to include the whole family (children) please make that request on the application. Also, if you need transportation from the Metro-North station at New Hamburg (Hudson Line, East of the Hudson River), also inquire within the application itself or email Ryan O’Sullivan.
A $20 fully refundable deposit (per person) is necessary to ensure that all participants come as planned. Our mentor farms depend on us to follow through with our commitments. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
After registering, visit our Donate page and use PayPal to secure your spot at this exciting workshop.
Be prepared to get dirty. Check the weather forecast and bring appropriate clothing. Wear work shoes or boots, and bring a pair of slippers so you can change footwear indoors. Bring work gloves if you have them. Farm work involves bending, squatting, lifting and carrying. If you have known significant health issues, physical restrictions, or dietary restrictions, you must let us know in advance.
Participants must be 18 or older. Farms are not wheelchair accessible (sincerest apologies).
For a copy of our itinerary, email our program manager.
Upcoming Workshops & Events
Spring 2018: TBD
- Farm Squad, 3 Day workshop hosting renowned soil health academics at Hawthorne Valley Learning Center in Hudson, NY.
- Farming Outside the Box, Part 1 Specialty weekend workshop featuring an indoor farming super product, cruciferous microgreens.
- Farming Outside the Box, Part 2 Specialty weekend workshop exploring niche products from seed to sale.
- Permaculture and Fruit-Tree Pruning Theory and practice of encouraging symbiotic ecosystem within your soil.
- Beekeeping Weekend Workshop Introduction to bees and beekeeping.
- Seeding and Irrigation in the Greenhouse Learn to build a low-cost DIY mobile irrigation system adaptable for field crops, orchard or greenhouse.
- Are You Ready to Farm? An overview of planning your farm.
- Are You Ready to Weld? An introduction to torch burning safety and electric arc welding.
- Greenhouse Weekend Workshop An introduction to greenhouse siting and building.
- Soil Health and Compost Weekend Workshop An introduction to soil and seeding on the farm.
Check out the Galleries of Photos!